Chicken and plantain chips are often served together. They are called chicken tostones, and they complement each other exceptionally well in terms of flavor and texture. Tostones plantain chips are savory, crispy, and slightly sweet, providing a nice contrast to the texture of chicken. Additionally, the natural sweetness of the plantains can balance out the saltiness of the chicken, making for a more balanced and enjoyable flavor experience.
Chicken is an extremely versatile meat. You can cook it in various ways that best match your other ingredients. This makes chicken great to pair with Prime Planet Tostones plantain chips. Tostones also have a versatile flavor that works well in many dishes.
To learn more about chicken tostones made with gluten-free Prime Planet Tostones, continue reading below.
To make chicken tostones with chips from Prime Planet, here is some information you will need before you start cooking:
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Calories: 231 calories
Grams of fat: 5 grams of fat
Spicy Tostones With Chicken Recipe
We’ll start with a recipe for those that are more receptive to spicy flavors. Prime Planet Tostones has the best recipe for a spicy dish featuring both chicken and tostones.
The tools you will need include these items:
- A small mixing bowl
- A baking sheet
- A pan or skillet
- A cutting board
- A sharp knife
You also need to gather the right ingredients, which include the following:
- Prime Planet Lime Tostones or, for those looking for even more heat, our Prime Planet Habanero Tostones
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
Now you have all the right tools and ingredients. Follow these steps to make some mouth-watering spicy tostones with chicken that will make you go, “Muy caliente!”
- Mix the spices together in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken breast on the baking sheet and rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the chicken, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken breasts to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer, which should read at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure the chicken is fully cooked. Once the chicken is cooked through, the juices will run clear.
- Once fully cooked, remove the chicken from the pan, place it on the cutting board, and either cut it into slices or pull the chicken apart to create pulled chicken.
Place the cooked chicken on top of your Prime Planet Tostones, serve, and enjoy. You and your guests are sure to love your spicy chicken tostones. Just make sure you have a glass of milk handy to combat all of the spice!
How to Make Tostones Nachos With Chicken
To make chicken tostones nachos you will, in essence, follow the same recipe detailed above. However, to make the dish less spicy, you can take out or replace some of the bolder lip-burning ingredients.
For any nacho dish, it is best to use chicken that is pulled or shredded. This will make it easier to place the chicken over your tasty Prime Planet Tostones along with any of the toppings you desire.
We suggest the below ingredients for toppings. Of course, you can use or not use these at your discretion. You might even have some great ideas of your own!
Prime Planet’s recommendations for toppings include the following:
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes, salsa, and/or pico de gallo
- Sliced black olives
- Sour cream
Just follow this recipe to create some of the crispiest, crunchiest, and classiest Prime Planet Tostones nachos with chicken. The steps are:
- Cook your chicken following the recipe above and place it to the side. If you don’t want such hot and spicy flavors, do not use chili powder in your preparation.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Arrange the Prime Planet tostones in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the tortilla chips, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Add tomatoes (diced, salsa, or pico de gallo, or mix and match any of the three), sliced jalapeños, and sliced black olives on top of the cheese.
- Arrange the cooked pulled chicken over the top of the cheese and vegetables.
- Bake the nachos in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. If desired, top the nachos with a dollop of sour cream or a scoop of guacamole before serving.
- Enjoy your Prime Planet Tostones with shredded chicken nachos!
More About Prime Planet
Prime Planet is a purveyor of tostones chips. We are dedicated to making sure that our customers get the best plantain chips on the market. Aside from being one of the top gluten-free diet snacks, plantain chips or tostones offer many advantages to consumers, including being gluten-free, kosher, and NON-GMO.
View our online shop and get a free bag today!