While chips are extremely popular and enjoyable by themselves, sometimes some extra dip or salsa is necessary for maximum enjoyment. There are many reasons why someone should look to pair their tostones plantain chips with a dip, such as enhancing the flavors of the chips and dip so they may complement each other. This is especially true for people who choose to purchase plain plantain chips instead of flavored ones. If you are interested in learning more about how to make dip for plantain chips, continue reading below.
How to Make Dipping Sauce for Plantain Chips
To make a dipping sauce for plantains, you are going to need some base ingredients. Almost all dips are made from a mixture of equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream along with equal parts salt and cumin. Once you have these four ingredients, you could get as creative as you want with any additional ones. This means that you could add any spices or additives that you wish to enhance the taste or to complement the taste of the plantain chips. Here’s an easy recipe for a good dip:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Whisk all of these ingredients together in a bowl until blended well and serve with your favorite flavored Prime Planet tostones.
What Is the Best Plantain Chip Dip?
The best plantain chip dip is the one that complements the chip the best. For instance, spicy flavors go best with other spicy flavors or even sweet dips. If you purchase the regular flavored tostones, it might be a good idea to make a dip for plantain chips that adds as much flavor as possible. The most popular options for dips are the following:
- Guacamole – Made from mashed avocados, lime juice, salt, and other seasonings.
- Black bean dip – Dip made from black beans, garlic, cumin, and other spices.
- Pineapple salsa – Sweet and tangy salsa made with diced pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Hummus – Dip made from mashed chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
- Queso dip – A creamy and cheesy dip made with melted cheese, milk, and seasonings. This dip pairs well with the slightly sweet flavor common in plantain chips.
More About Prime Planet
We are a purveyor of tostones and other snacks dedicated to making sure that our customers receive the highest quality tostones and snacks possible. Our collection of tostones chips flavors includes:
- Lime tostones chips
- Sweet chili plantain chips
- BBQ plantain chips
- Habanero plantain chips
- And much more
Contact us today to learn more about the different recipes for plantain chips with dip or how to make your own dip for plantain chips.