- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mojo marinade
- Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Homestyle Cashew Milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add chicken with marinade. Place in the fridge for 20 min to marinate.
- In another bowl, soak cashews with water for 20 minutes.
- In a cup, stir together Califia Farms Homestyle Cashew Milk + lime juice and allow to sit for 30 seconds. This makes dairy-free buttermilk.
- In a food processor or blender, add the drained cashews, buttermilk, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, garlic, and a pinch of salt + pepper. Pulse until all blended. Taste and adjust salt + pepper, if needed. To thin out, whisk in a teaspoon of water at a time until desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a skillet, add avocado oil and heat over medium-high heat. Fry the plantain slices for about 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Remove chicken from marinate. Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and cook in a hot skillet for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. You can use a thermometer to read the internal temperature; it has to be at least 165 degrees.
- Assemble the salad. In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce and chicken. Crumble plantains over salad and drizzle with dairy-free caesar dressing. Mix it all together and serve with Tostones. Enjoy!