- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Ingredients: 9
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 238
- Fat Content: 13.1 grams of fat
Tostones, a traditional Hispanic snack made from sliced and fried green plantains, can be a nutritious and delicious addition to any breakfast meal.
Toston Breakfast Sliders are a delicious and unique way to start your day and are sure to keep you full and satisfied until lunchtime. This recipe is packed with fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and complex carbs, in addition to being a gluten-free recipe and paleo-friendly.
- 1 pound of chorizo
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut or almond milk
- 10 ounces of pico de gallo
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (*optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag of Prime Planet Original Tostones
- Step 1: Begin by heating a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until it is almost browned.
- Step 2: Once the chorizo is almost ready, add spinach to the pan and stir. Cook until spinach is wilted and chorizo is fully cooked.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in nutritional yeast (if desired), garlic salt, and pepper.
- Step 4: Once the chorizo and spinach are fully cooked, pour the egg mixture over them in the saucepan. Stir and cook until the eggs are set.
- Step 5: Assemble the sliders by spreading guacamole on top of each tostone, then spooning a generous amount of the egg and chorizo mixture on top.
Enjoy your delicious Tostones Sliders!
For a vegan-friendly Toston Breakfast Slider, substitute the chorizo with Veggiorizo or San Rafael’s Vegetarian Chorizo, and replace the eggs with a plant-based egg substitute as Orgran’s Vegan Easy Eggs or similar.
Keep up to date with recipes and more on Prime Planet’s Blog.